Custom Search

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Electronics, Electronics, Everywhere!

Ever walk the streets of Manhattan, keeping an eye people in general, and seeing how many are absorbed with their current new electronics toy? If they are not talking on their cell phone, then they are texting away to whoever it is on the other end anxiously awaiting their vital message. With all you see, I would turn it into a game on my way home from the office and try to count how many people I would actually see either talking or texting before I made it onto my train, which was all of 1½ blocks away. More often than not, I would count at least 25 or more individuals with a phone to their ear or their fingers feverishly keying in their message. Never ceased to amaze me!! Where have the days of boom-boxes on one's shoulder gone?!
Round 2 of excitement then usually came on my 50 mile train ride home at night. With 75 minutes spent on the train, there was always the ring of a cell phone or the tones of some other electronic device that would keep me and other fellow passengers awake. Not to mention the constant loud chatter that we would also have to put up with. Needless to say, it would lead to many interesting confrontations between a weary passenger looking to get some sleep after a hard day at the office and a young commuter looking to arrange his or her date for the evening for all to hear. Some of the verbal exchange cannot be repeated here!!
So, after years of seeing the advances in electronics and more and more people glued to their pieces of technology while they're walking or riding or, God help us, driving, I figured it was best to help feed the hungry masses rather than get worked up over it. After much time, money and effort, I came up with the following:

No comments: